Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ben Self-Reflection Questions Reconstruction Debate

How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?

a. I felt very excited that we would be debating again.

How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?

a. I felt a little nervous because many things were last minute.

How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?

a. I felt comfortable but felt as if there was not enough time to say everything.

What did I personally do well?

a. I think I did well with speaking and helping others speak better.

What did not go as desired in this presentation?

We did have technical difficulties.

On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content?

a. 9.5 I think I understood almost all of it except for a couple of things.

Explain.

How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?

a. I think my group members didn’t really think about me much at all. During the debate I was in the background most of the time.

How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?

a. I have no idea how they perceived me. I don’t know any of them very well.

Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?

a. I think I would have tried to go more on the offensive towards the other group.

What are my strengths in groups?

a. I’m creative and I can do what you need me to do.

What areas do I need improvement?

a. Orginization

What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?

a. I learned about how things can change in life that you can’t control.

Are there any other things that I need to express?

a. not really.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, since you do not know us 8th graders very well, do you think this collaborative work time is helping you get to know us?

    Since you feel your group did not utilize your full potential, do you think there is anything you could do next time in a group, to get noticed for something amazing?

    Do you feel that you are or can be a leader? If not, what can you do to make yourself one?

    Also, just a tip for projects, it may help to make a schedule for what to get done each day, so you don't have those last minute wrap ups. - Keara

    p.s. These questions are rhetorical, you don't have to answer.

    ReplyDelete